William Jannace is an Assistant Professor at the Dwight D. Eisenhower School for National Security and Resource Strategy specializing in finance and economics. He has worked over 35 years in the securities industry at the American and New York Stock Exchanges, FINRA and several investment banking firms. He has served as an expert witness for The Bates Group on securities litigation matters. He is a member of the faculty advisory group of ESG Competent Boards which provides professional development and advisory services to boards, investors, and executives globally. He has also been an adjunct professor/lecturer at Fordham School of Law, the U.S. Army War College, the Global Financial Markets Institute, and Metropolitan College, where he taught courses covering: Broker-Dealer Operations and Compliance; Investment Adviser and Investment Company Regulation; Capital Markets and Corporate Governance; Corporate Social Responsibility, Environmental, Social, Governance, Impact Investing, and Sustainability, State Capitalism, AML and Economic Sanctions; and Geopolitics, Geo-Economics, Statecraft, U.S. Foreign Policy, International Affairs, and Grand Strategy.
Mr. Jannace has also conducted overseas training programs for the: Russian Securities Commission and Stock Exchange; The Capital Markets Authorities in: Uganda, Burundi, Tanzania and Kenya; Saudi Arabian Capital Markets Authority; Securities and Exchange Board of India; Ukrainian Securities Commission and Stock Market; Romanian Securities Commission; Jordanian Securities Commission; Capital Markets Authority of Turkey; Albanian Financial Supervisory Authority; New York Institute of Finance- Beijing/China, the Taiwan Stock Exchange and for IOSCO in Spain. He is a research affiliate with the Fletcher Network for Sovereign Wealth and Global Capital, and a member of the: Bretton Woods Committee, NGO Committee to Stop Trafficking in Persons, and International Institute for Strategic Studies.
He has written and contributed to the following publications:
- “ESG in the Boardroom: A Guidebook for Directors,” ABA, Spring 2022, Chapters 2 and 22, https://www.americanbar.org/products/inv/book/421670358/
- “Bankrupting the Business of Human Trafficking: Summary & Recommendations,” The NGO Committee to Stop Trafficking in Persons, October 2021, http://www.wg-usa.org/website2014/10624-2/
- “COVID-19 – A Year Later: The Evolution of Compliance in an Expanding Universe of Know Your Know Yours!” William Jannace, Global Financial Markets Institute, May 2021, https://www.gfmi.com/articles/covid-19-a-year-later-the-evolution-of-compliance-in-an-expanding-universe-of-know-your-know-yours/
- “The Oil Downturn: A Catalytic Moment for Renewable Energy?” By Mariana Liakopoulou and William Jannace, Natural Gas World, https://www.naturalgasworld.com/the-oil-downturn-a-catalytic-moment-for-renewable-energy-ggp-79813.
- “A New World Order: The Rule of Law, or the Law of Rulers?” William Jannace and Paul Tiffany, 42 Fordham Int'l L.J. 1379 (2019). Available at: https://ir.lawnet.fordham.edu/ilj/vol42/iss5/2.
- “Bretton Woods 4.0 Finding New Relevance in a New World Order,” By Dr. Paul Tiffany and William Jannace, Bretton Woods@75 Blog and Compendium, February 2019, https://www.brettonwoods.org/article/bretton-woods-4.0-finding-new-relevance-in-a-new-world-order.
- “Cautionary Notes for Supply Chain Managers and Others Involved in Global Sourcing & Partnerships (Human Trafficking & Modern Slavery Conditions Raise Reputational Risks),” Governance & Accountability Institute, January 2018).
- “Sustainability Disclosures in the EU: Implementation of the 2014 EU Non-Financial Reporting Directive,” ABA, Spring 2017.
- “Accounting for Trade: President Trump and the Geopolitical Balance Sheet,” NYU-Global Affairs Perspectives on Global Issues, Spring 2017, https://wp.nyu.edu/schoolofprofessionalstudies-ga_review/archives/perspectives-on-global-issues-archives/