To officially register at The Eisenhower School, you must complete the following requirements beforehand and bring the documentation with you when you arrive to in-process during registration. Present the documentation for collection. Please complete the requirements below:
- TRAVEL DOCUMENTATION AND TRAINING
- INFORMATION AWARENESS (IA) TRAINING
- IMMUNIZATION DOCUMENTATION
- BIOGRAPHY & CONTACT INFORMATION
1. TRAVEL DOCUMENTATION AND TRAINING
All faculty of The Dwight D. Eisenhower School for National Security and Resource Strategy/National Defense University (ES/NDU) will conduct international field studies for the Industry Studies Program.
Completion of valid passports and the following training and documentation is required to travel to all theaters on “official business” for the DoD and federal government in accordance with the Department of Defense Foreign Clearance Guide (FCG), DoD 4500.54-G:
- Anti-Terrorism/Force Protection (AT/FP) Level 1 Training (ALL Theaters)
- Survival, Evasion, Resistance and Escape 100.2 Level A SERE Education and Training in Support of the Code of Conduct (FOUO) (ALL Theaters)
- U.S. Forces Korea (USFK) (Korea-specific) Training (PACOM Theater)
- Area of Responsibility (AOR) Local Security Briefing (PACOM Theater)
- Human Rights Awareness Education Course (SOUTHCOM Theater)
- SOUTHCOM General Order Number 1 (SOUTHCOM Theater)
- Isolated Personnel Report (ISOPREP) (ALL Theaters)
Click on the ES Travel Letter for more information on completing these requirements.
A. DEFENSE TRAVEL SYSTEM (DTS) TRAINING AND ACCOUNT PREPARATION
DTS is a fully integrated, automated, end-to-end travel management system that enables DoD travelers to create authorizations (TDY travel orders), prepare reservations, receive approvals, generate travel vouchers, and receive a split reimbursement between their bank accounts and the Government Travel Charge Card (GTCC) vendor. DTS operates at over 9,500 total sites worldwide.
- Log into Passport and sign up for an account, at http://www.defensetravel.osd.mil/dts/site/index.jsp.
- Log into Passport using the email address that you registered and the temporary password that was emailed to that address. Change your password.
- From the main page, select TRAINING tab.
- Check the VIEW ALL radio button.
- Take the following courses, and print the certificates in PDF:
- DTS (Basic) – About DTS
- Programs and Policies-Travel Policies
- Programs & Policies – U.S. Government Rental Car Program
- Programs and Policies-Travel Card Program (Travel Card 101) [Mandatory]
- DTS (Special Topic) – OCONUS Travel
PLEASE DOWNLOAD AND PRINT THE DTS SUPPORT FORM AND COVER SHEET
Providing this information will allow the Travel Specialist to find or create your profile in the DTS. Bring your printed copies of the completed DTS Form and Cover Sheet to in-processing. Do NOT email.
B. GOVERNMENT TRAVEL CHARGE CARD (GTCC)
All government travelers must have a Government Travel Charge Card (GTCC) to use the DTS:
- Service and Agency personnel not having a GTCC and needing assistance to apply for one should contact their local Agency Program Coordinator (APC).
- APCs are responsible for managing the DoD GTCC program and providing travelers with assistance.
- To apply for one and for more information, contact NDU-RMD, at (202) 685-3907.
2. INFORMATION AWARENESS (IA) TRAINING
IA training is required to access a DoD network. Students will need proof that their annual IA training is valid until July 2017. A paper or digital copy with the student's name and date of completion is the only method of proof. NDU will accept all agency cyber awareness training V3 certificates. JKO training online is a certificate management tool that can also be used to access, download, and print training completion certificates.
IA Training is available online at Joint Knowledge Online (JKO) - http://jko.jten.mil/.
Enroll in Course #JS-US024 | Department of Defense (DoD) Cyber Awareness Challenge.
3. IMMUNIZATION DOCUMENTATION
Immunization records will be collected by the NDU Health and Fitness Office for travel management.
4. BIOGRAPHY & CONTACT INFORMATION
Please download the Biography Instruction, Cover Sheet, and Contact Info Worksheet below. Use the Biography Instruction to prepare a brief description of yourself for use in business introductions, and fill in the Contact Info Worksheet with your contact information where you can easily be reached. Bring a printed copy of all completed documents, including the Cover Sheet, to in-processing. Do NOT email.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Click on the FAQ (link) to review student questions and answers to satisfactorily address any of your own questions, concerns, or needs.